Strategies to decrease your RTOs with WAREIQ
According to a recent study by KPMG, return shipments can make up to 20% of total shipments in e-commerce. This rate climbs to 40% in case of Cash on delivery (COD) orders. Return to Origin (RTO) is a nightmare for sellers as it significantly increases the logistic costs. RTOs rates are expected to increase even further in India with demand surges in tier 2 and 3 cities. Given the situation, reverse logistics has become an integral part of a business plan. Given the convenience of online shopping and the lack of risk, buyers can frequently return items without second thoughts. RTO logistics become extremely important to decrease this trend as well as the costs involved.
How vastly does RTO affect your business?
The sheer amount of revenue lost by companies through return items is about 20% of the sale, and that’s exactly where WareIQ pitches in to help you save the costs. We optimize your return order logistics and improve overall efficiency with the help of insights derived from customer data, customer retention metrics and return policies.
What sets WareIQ apart?
- Quick TAT (Turn around time): Logistic partners provide an estimated delivery timeline based on which the customers anticipate the delivery. If it fails to reach them as per this expectation, there is a risk of an RTO and the customer opting to order from a competitor. This also affects customer retention rate. With WareIQ’s Amazon-like shipping, data-driven insights, PAN-India network of warehouses and excellent supply chain management system, orders reach the customers on time as promised. This ensures a higher rate of First attempt delivery, thus reducing the breach of TAT.
- Higher and Efficient First Attempt Strike Rate (FASR): Delivery success in the first attempt ensures happy customers and helps in their retention. This is an important metric since lower returns imply lower logistics costs on RTO. With WareIQ’s structured incentive plans, delivery partners are encouraged to deliver maximum shipments in the first attempt thereby increasing the FASR.
- Improved Non-delivery Report (NDR) conversion: Knowing the customer’s intent before performing the last mile delivery can save a lot of time costs related to RTOs. This can be achieved by validating the attempted shipments by directly communicating with customers via phone calls, SMS, e-mail, WhatsApp, etc. Any change of preference or cancellation or order can be recorded and shared to the shipping partner in real-time to decide whether to “Reattempt the delivery” or “Make RTO”. Performing this manually at scale is almost impossible. With WareIQ’s innovative solutions, most of it can be automated via IVR (Interactive voice response) calling, auto-SMS, auto-mailer, Whatsapp alerts, etc. This also keeps the customer well informed and creates an impact on improving the delivery conversion percentage. In the auto NDR process, the customer will get an IVR call immediately after a failed delivery or when the NDR remark is updated by the delivery personnel. Automation makes the entire process quick and efficient.
- Wrong or incomplete address: Amidst the huge traffic across the supply chain and sometimes because of consumer’s ignorance, deliveries often end up attached with wrong or incomplete addresses. This is also one of the major reasons for RTO. Address validation becomes important in this context. WareIQ ensures this authenticity with various checks on the same. This increases the chances of successful delivery. In case of an incorrect address, shipping is cancelled prior to dispatch. It allows not only for lower RTO but also avoids wasteful shipping costs.
- Automated partner pin code allocations: With WareIQ’s cutting edge technology, pin code allocation is automated. This altogether eliminates the hassles of manual allocations thus lowering the cost of shipping & RTO as well as increasing serviceability and speed of delivery. Making changes in allocations is complex and takes a good amount of time. The system analyzes historic RTO percentages and cost per shipment (forward + RTO) to optimize the allocation and ensure that the courier with the lowest possible cost is chosen for the given pin codes. Such efficiency and cost reductions are not possible with manual processes. This also saves a lot of time in processing and shipping the orders.
Beyond the Amazon-like two-day deliveries, WareIQ also solves several pressing problems that sellers face and RTO is one of them, as we have seen.
Ready to supercharge your deliveries? Get in touch with us now!