How Lil Goodness Online Order Volumes Grew by 260% in a Span of 4 Months using WareIQ’s Fulfilment Platform
260%+ Order Growth
With WareIQ’s fulfillment solution, Lil Goodness’s orders grew from 11k to >30k/month in 4 months
5.2X Growth in Order Revenue
Online order revenue increased to 28 lakhs/month from 5.4 lakhs/month in 4 months
99% Fulfilment Rate
With WareIQ’s fulfillment solution, Lil goodness achieved 99% fulfilment rate even during 200x surges in daily order volume
“Even after growing 25x over a year in 2021, our eCommerce supply chain was suffering scalability issues & therefore compromised the customer experience. Spikes in order volume on a few days where we run flash sales on our website or marketplaces(>100x surges in order volumes ) & a rigid supply chain further added to the operational complexity. Since prebiotic chocolates formed a significant percentage of the surge in volumes, we also had a requirement for temperature-sensitive warehousing & shipping for LiL’Goodness. This is also true for most perishable/ shorter shelf life grocery businesses.”
Lil’Goodness is transforming nutrition for millions of millennial Indian families, through a combination of fresh and packaged foods. It has become the nutrition partner to several millennial Indian families and the taste buddy for kids. Currently, it is present in 5 cities across 600 retail stores and is one of the best sellers on Amazon.
Lil Goodness has been on a mission to bring “daily dose of goodness” which are micro and macro nutrients through the snacks, kids and their families eat. Apart from having offline presence across 600+ retail stores in 2022, Lil Goodness products are also available on Amazon, Big Basket and Flipkart. With the relaunch of their own website in March 2021, sales escalated. Even after growing 25x over a year in 2021, their eCommerce business was plagued with supply chain issues & their subsequent impact.
- Absence of an in-house dedicated supply chain team to understand & handle the operational challenges of Lil Goodness
- Requirement of temperature-sensitive warehousing & shipping since Lil Goodness is a food & snacks brand which comes under perishable category
- Difficulty in inventory management, expiry handling due to lower shelf life of Lil Goodness’s products
- Increase in delivery timelines due to sudden spikes in order during festivals like Diwali or surges on CRED sales
- Drop in fulfiment rate during time period where there was sudden spikes in orders (inability to predict 100x surge from 70-100 orders/day to 10k-20k orders/day)
- Difficulty in customisation of orders for corporate gifting
Graph Showing Unpredictable & Erratic Patterns in Order Volumes from Dec’21 to Mar’22
With rising customer expectations of same/next day deliveries, it has become imperative for online businesses to offer the same to stay relevant in the market. Moreover, since the pandemic, the volume and frequency of online ordering for Lil Goodness have shot up considerably, and customers now have higher expectations in terms of shipping timelines. Unpredictable patterns of spikes in order volume on a few days & an inelastic supply chain further add to the woes of the manufacturer.
- Access to Fulfilment Centers: To begin with, Lil’ Goodness is a manufacturer in the food & beverages category & they do not intend to have a dedicated supply chain team/infrastructure to look into the nitty-gritty details pertaining to operational issues. With WareIQ’s full-stack fulfilment solution, they get the desired output without any upfront investment in supply chain infrastructure.
- Access to Cold Storage Facilities of WareIQ: Lil’ Goodness products need to stay in the temperature-controlled environment all the time. With the superior cold storage facilities of WareIQ, Lil’ Goodness is able to deliver what they preach – “Your Daily Dose of Goodness” & “Taste Meets Health”.
Orders dispatched to the offline B2B stockists, distributors, and retailers are also done from WareIQ’s cold storage facilities.
- Easy Integrations of WareIQ’s WMS with Lil’ Goodness’s Online Marketplaces: >80% of online orders come from Shopify; while the rest of the orders are placed from Magento 2 & marketplaces like Amazon, Flipkart, Big Basket. WareIQ’s tech platform allows easy integrations with all these online marketplaces.
- Access to WareIQ’s centralised tech platform for eCommerce operations: ML-based prediction engine makes smart inventory placement a possibility for Lil Goodness thus reducing delivery timelines as well as cost per shipment
- Elastic Supply Chain: On an average, Lil’ Goodness clocks 50-70 orders/day. Then, there are certain days where surges in orders are >100x, going upto 10k-20k orders/day. WareIQ has built an elastic supply chain to handle those unpredictable surges & thus maintain a fulfilment rate of >=99% even during peak days like Diwali, CRED sales. During CRED IPL Powerplay in April 2022, WareIQ efficiently handled order volumes of ~20k/day with 99% fulfillment rate.
- Efficient Packaging & Customisation: Packaging & customisation plays an important role in customer delight. For orders placed for gifting purposes, like B2B/corporate gifting, festive seasons, special occasions, the products need to be packaged & customised as per individual accounts. WareIQ’s executive ensure to leave no stones unturned in delighting the customers with superior packaging.
In just 4 months, the changes implemented by WareIQ started showing a significant & impressive impact on order volumes and revenues.
- 260%+ growth in online order volume/month in 4 months of choosing WareIQ as a fulfillment provider
- 5.2x growth in order revenue in 4 months from Rs 5.7 lakhs in Dec’21 to Rs. 28 lakhs in Apr’22
- 99% fulfillment rate even during 200x surges in order volumes
- Increase in repeat purchases due to high customer satisfaction
- ~60% orders delivered within 1-2 days with WareIQ’s fulfillment platform as compared to <5% orders delivered within 1-2 days
“With WareIQ’s full stack digital enabled fulfillment solution, we got access to the pan India network of fulfillment centers & cold storage facilities enabling same/next day delivery, without any upfront investment in supply chain infrastructure from our end.
During the IPL campaign in April 2022, WareIQ efficiently handled unpredictable surges in order volumes of ~20k/day with a 99% fulfillment rate. With WareIQ as our preferred fulfillment partner, we witnessed 172% growth in online order volume in just 4 months, with a significant improvement in the overall customer experience in fulfillment.”
WareIQ also offers a centralised tech platform for your entire eCommerce operations
- ML-based prediction engine for efficient warehouse network design & smart inventory placement
- A centralised platform for core fulfilment & shipping operations
- Integrated Shipping apps to offer transparent ETAs, branded tracking experience, RTO risk insurance, NDR control etc.
Today, over 300 brands like Justherbs, Wingreens, Kama Ayurveda, Flatheads etc. in India have taken charge of their logistics & fulfilment with WareIQ to unlock tremendous value in terms of revenue and customer satisfaction.