- Case Studies
- Enabling Wellify (Piramal Group) to boost sales by...
Enabling Wellify (Piramal Group) to boost sales by 7x with just a 2x increase in inventory in 1 year
7x growth in sales
with only a 2x increase in inventory
average delivery timeline
cost per shipment
Wellify is a D2C initiative by Piramal Consumer Products Division, focusing on Health & Wellness Products. Piramal Consumer is one of the flagship businesses of the Piramal group. Piramal Group is a global business conglomerate with diverse interests in Pharma, Financial Services and Real Estate. The Group has offices in over 30 countries and a global brand presence in more than 100 markets, and operates with over 10,000 people worldwide from 21 diverse nationalities.
Piramal Group wanted to augment and refine eCommerce operations for its portfolio of brands, part of its Wellify initiaitve, across marketplaces and its website. However, in order to do so, they were looking for capable fulfillment partners who could enable easy multi-channel fulfillment for their business, along with managing marketplaces adeptly.
In order to tackle this, they were focusing on the following points:
- Improve the overall speed of their deliveries
- Reduce the cost of fulfillment & shipping
- Drive down the total share of return orders they were receiving
- Make sales and operations across multiple channels – D2C platforms, marketplaces etc. – seamless
- Manage returns and claims on major marketplaces such as Amazon and Flipkart in a hassle-free fashion
- Run operations for marketplaces avoiding any SLA breaches which leads to lost sales
Piramal Group were able to unlock smarter operations across channels with the following capabilities part of WareIQ’s full-stack fulfillment solution:
- WareIQ’s smart fulfillment platform allowed Piramal Group to easily integrate with D2C website and marketplaces in just a few clicks, consolidating orders from across channels into a single window, making multi-channel eCommerce management much simpler
- Furthermore, intelligent algorithms embedded into WareIQ’s smart platform provided Piramal Group with insights on where to store which SKU in what volume
- Equipped with the above insight and with WareIQ’s Seller Flex compliant fulfillment network, Piramal Group was able to easily add 2 new warehouses closer to other high-volume demand centers which were earlier getting serviced mostly through national shipments, leading to an increase in regional shipments and thus faster deliveries at lower shipping costs for maximum orders
- Inventory optimization and placement insights also allowed for higher product availability at key demand centers, while avoiding excess stock, which usually inflates inventory holding costs
- WareIQ’s skilled operations team supported Piramal Group’s logistics in a comprehensive fashion, spearheading all critical activities including order inwarding, order processing (packing to dispatch), returns and exchanges, etc. in a timely fashion, leading to SLA-adherent marketplace order fulfillment operations
- WareIQ’s seller enablement and support team enabled Piramal Group to operate on Marketplaces such as Amazon and Flipkart with 100% compliance, efficiently handling returns, claims, SLA adherence etc.
WareIQ’s full-stack fulfillment solution unlocked 30%+ increment in regional shipments enabling Piramal Group to accelerate sales by 7x over the span of a year while increasing inventory by only 2x, leading to:
- Higher inventory turnover & thus a higher returns on investment in inventory
- 2 days shorter delivery timeline
- 13.5% lesser cost per shipment
- 30 percentage point reduction in RTOs
WareIQ also offers a centralised tech platform for your entire eCommerce operations
- ML-based prediction engine for efficient warehouse network design & smart inventory placement
- A centralised platform for core fulfilment & shipping operations
- Integrated Shipping apps to offer transparent ETAs, branded tracking experience, RTO risk insurance, NDR control etc.
Today, over 300 brands like Justherbs, Wingreens, Kama Ayurveda, Flatheads etc. in India have taken charge of their logistics & fulfilment with WareIQ to unlock tremendous value in terms of revenue and customer satisfaction.