10 Best Shiprocket Alternatives for eCommerce Businesses in 2022
The eCommerce space is rife with competition, both in terms of retailers pining for business from customers and 3PL companies battling it out to be the fulfillment partners for these retailers.
Shiprocket has become synonymous with providing third-party fulfillment services to eCommerce sellers. It is primarily a shipping aggregation firm that was founded in India and is currently based in Delhi. Since its inception in 2012, it has given retailers access to multiple carriers, has allowed them to automate a significant portion of their operations and allows them to tailor services according to their users’ preferences. The company currently has partners in more than 200 countries and processes upwards of 200,000 orders a day.
However, there is often a case to be made for retailers to seek Shiprocket alternatives based on their requirements, financial resources and locations they operate in. Each 3PL company often performs better than its competitors in different segments of the eCommerce fulfillment chain so it is up to companies to decide which one is the best fit for their precise requirements. In this article, we will take a look at the reasons that companies search for Shiprocket competitors and other options, the top 10 Shiprocket alternatives and a feature comparison of each.
- Top 5 Reasons Companies Search for Shiprocket Alternatives
- 10 Best Shiprocket Alternatives & Competitors in 2022
- Feature Comparison Table of Competitors of Shiprocket
- Conclusion: Why is WareIQ the Best Shiprocket Alternative in India?
- Shiprocket Alternatives: FAQs
Top 5 Reasons Companies Search for Shiprocket Alternatives
Additional Service Requirements
While Shiprocket may be known for its shipping services, it isn’t always the best option for transporting high-end commodities such as jewelry or expensive electronics and bulky products such as furniture and large appliances because its operations are centered around standardized packaging which is best suited towards non-perishable items such as clothing and smaller electronic items. If a retailer deals in expensive or perishable products that require special packaging and careful handling, in addition to other services that might be required by specialized goods, it can pay dividends to opt for Shiprocket alternatives that offer these services.
Specific Industry-Related Services
Shiprocket is responsible for transporting a large number of items that span many industries such as clothing, electronics, consumer goods, and much more. However, the company does not offer services that are required by specific industries such as cold storage facilities and ultra-fast delivery. If the nature of the industry a retailer operates in is such that their products need to be refrigerated or stored in a specific way such as groceries, food & beverages, and breakable items, it may be prudent for them to seek Shiprocket alternatives that offer these industry-specific services.
Growing Number of Operations
It would benefit retailers to look for Shiprocket alternatives if their business is growing and expanding its services and product range rapidly. While Shiprocket commands a relatively low cost for initial setup, prices can quickly rise as retailers need to take advantage of more services and have more orders to fulfill. There are many Shiprocket competitors that offer more competitive rates and faster shipping services.
Quicker and More Frequent Delivery Services
There are many Shiprocket alternatives that provide ultra-fast shipping and distribution services at lower rates than Shiprocket. With customers getting accustomed to next-day, same-day and even 10-minute delivery, retailers who require rapid delivery speeds would be better suited to partner with a company that offers these services.
Additionally, it would greatly benefit retailers who sell their products across the country, to take advantage of services such as micro fulfillment centers and a nationwide network of warehouses so they can place their inventory in close proximity to areas of high demand and transportation facilities. All these factors will greatly aid retailers to increase the speed at which their customers receive orders and in turn, will increase their overall satisfaction.
Enhanced Customer Satisfaction
There are many Shiprocket alternatives in India that offer advanced customer support facilities such as 24/7 customer care, automated chatbots, and branded tracking pages with contact information, in addition to many others. Retailers who require heightened customer support services would be better off by partnering with a company that offers all these facilities so that their customers would always receive priority and would never be left wanting in regard to queries, issues, or company-related communication.
WareIQ, an eCommerce fulfillment company, empowers online brands with a superior-tech platform to compete with Amazon like service levels by bringing their average delivery timelines from 5-10 days to 1-2 days.
10 Best Shiprocket Alternatives & Competitors in 2022
WareIQ is one of India’s most rapidly expanding eCommerce fulfillment companies that uses technology as a central pillar to enable multiple eCommerce services such as order fulfillment, inventory management, ultra-fast delivery services, customer care, reverse logistics, and much more. The company is Y-Combinator backed and was founded with the aim of bringing ultra-fast delivery to every pin code in India by building a vast infrastructure of fulfillment centers and dark stores across India that enables eCommerce sellers to store inventory closer to their customers.
The company has many unique features such as a custom WMS that can integrate with multiple eCommerce selling platforms, an app store where users can download various apps to enhance their experience, and an RTO shield to protect retailers from incurring the cost of returns management and much more. A few features of WareIQ that make it one of the best Shiprocket alternative in India:
- Does not have any minimum order requirements
- Offers a pan-India network of warehouses and fulfillment centers
- Offers cost-effective and transparent pricing
- Provides customisable branded tracking facilities
- Offers customisable packaging services
- Vertically integrated fulfillment platform to unify OMS & WMS
FedEx is a global conglomerate that focuses on providing eCommerce fulfillment, supply chain, and shipping solutions across multiple sectors such as retail, consumer goods, electronics, and healthcare. Currently based in Memphis, Tennessee, FedEx currently provides shipping services to more than 220 countries across the world and equips retailers with the ability to synchronize their orders across multiple platforms in a single location in addition to warehouse and inventory management. A few features of FedEx that make it one of the best Shiprocket alternatives are:
- Provides a global network of services
- Offers a variety of integrations with multiple selling platforms
- Has an intuitive and easy-to-operate platform
- Offers a comprehensive delivery network
- Provides fast delivery and reverse logistics services
DHL, which is an acronym for Dalsey, Hillblom, and Lynn, is a courier and shipping solutions provider that was pioneered in and is currently based in Germany. The company is renowned around the world for its courier services and warehousing solutions and it currently operates in more than 220 countries. Its distribution arm provides door-to-door delivery and freight forwarding services through air and sea.
A big advantage that DHL provides to eCommerce retailers is its ability to seamlessly clear customs and other challenges that may arise during international distribution and also provides insurance on every package. A few features of DHL that make it one of the best Shiprocket alternatives are:
- Offers a centralised technology platform for order fulfillment, inventory management, and other eCommerce operations
- Provides next-day delivery services in more than 80 cities in India
- Has a wide variety of B2C & B2B eCommerce services
- Offers efficient logistics management
- Provides integration and optimisation of inventory across sales channels
Vamaship is primarily a shipping aggregation and logistics company that was founded in 2016 and is currently headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It currently operates in more than 200 countries across the world and helps businesses ship their goods at the cheapest possible rates through air, land, and sea and also enables them to automate many of their shipping processes to make them faster and more efficient. It also provides users with a consolidated platform to manage shipping partners and shipping-related tools. A few features of Vamaship that make it one of the best Shiprocket alternatives are:
- Offers a choice of multiple shipping partners
- Offers integrations with multiple online selling platforms such as Magento, Shopify, Amazon and many more
- Provides a centralised platform for tracking inventory and order details
- Provides a tool to instantly compare prices of multiple shipping aggregators to help retailers choose the cheapest one
- Has a document manager that consolidates shipping documents in a searchable format
Aramex is a worldwide courier, logistics and shipping provider that is currently based in Dubai, UAE. Founded in 1982, Aramex operates in many countries globally and provides order fulfillment services to eCommerce companies. In addition to this, it also offers marketplace integrations with platforms such as Shopify, Martjack, ShopGo and many others, warehouse and inventory management and many other specialized services such as label stitching and creation of price tags for clothing companies and packaging and kitting services, that can be purchased for an additional price. A few features of Aramex that make it one of the best Shiprocket alternatives are:
- Offers integrations with multiple platforms
- Operates in more than 58 countries worldwide
- Provides customer care to more than 370 locations in India
- Offers same-day delivery services
- Provides management of facilities
Since ShipKaro’s inception in 2017, it has offered shipping aggregation services for eCommerce retailers who need efficient order management. Headquartered in Gurgaon, the company also enables businesses to automate and tailor shipping processes according to their desired outcomes. It also provides services such as label printing, bulk upload or orders, customizable delivery timings, and much more. A few features of ShipKaro that make it one of the best Shiprocket alternatives are:
- Offers partnerships with more than 14 local and international shipping services
- Provides integrations with multiple eCommerce selling platforms such as eBay and Flipkart
- Enables users to avail of discounted shipping prices and provides a tool for comparing them to other services
- Syncs order information from multiple order management platforms for seamless order processing
- Offers detailed tracking of orders
Rakuten is a multinational eCommerce fulfillment company that was founded in Tokyo in 1997 and is also currently headquartered there. Often called the “Amazon of Japan”, the company offers a variety of services including shipping, packaging, kitting, reverse logistics, and much more. It also offers tracking of shipping analytics for firms to be able to analyse and improve shipping practices to increase profit margins and reduce delivery timelines. They also operate a service specifically meant for small and medium-sized businesses known as XParcel. A few features of Rakuten that make it one of the best Shiprocket alternatives are:
- Provides customized services for eCommerce companies
- Offers synchronized marketing solutions
- Provides same-day and next-day shipping in the US
- Operates specialised fulfillment centers
- Provides kitting and subscription box services
Shipyaari is an Indian eCommerce logistics service and shipping aggregator that was founded in 2013 and is currently headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. One of its unique features is its ability to handle high-volume orders from large companies. The company offers a choice of multiple shipping partners and eCommerce integrations in addition to providing detailed cash-back guarantee schemes. A few features of ShipKaro that make it one of the best Shiprocket alternatives in India are:
- Offers partnerships with 10 courier services that cover more than 25,000 pin codes
- Provides integrations to eCommerce selling platforms such as WooCommerce, Shopify and Magento
- Offers a software solution that takes care of inventory management, order fulfillment and delivery services
- Enables customers to track orders through API integrations
- Offers additional facilities such as RTO reduction, data analytics and NDR management
ShipMonk was founded in 2014 and is currently headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States. With its central focus being on making technology-based eCommerce solutions as accessible as possible, the company also offers services such as pick and pack solutions, packaging facilities, inventory and warehouse management, customer care, and much more. It operates more than 100 virtual stores and also provides dedicated managers to each customer to assist them with the onboarding process. A few features of ShipMonk that make it one of the best Shiprocket alternatives are:
- Provides an online billing portal for customers
- Assists in automating warehouse processes
- Consists of a vast number of customisation & branding options
- Offers tax benefits and reduced pricing for bulk importers
- Does not have a setup or inventory receiving fee
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)
Amazon is synonymous with eCommerce retail and fulfillment. Its first-party fulfillment services, known as Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) pioneered the order fulfillment revolution when it was launched in 2006. Amazon uses its status to provide the best facilities it can such as operating a vast number of fulfillment centers worldwide, offering free shipping to customers, picking and packing services, returns management, and much more. It also enables retailers to limit their expenses by providing free warehousing, free order processing, and much more.
However, retailers have to keep in mind that it can only be used to fulfill orders that are placed on Amazon and a few other select eCommerce selling platforms. A few features of Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) that make it one of the best Shiprocket alternatives are:
- Has no minimum order requirements
- Takes care of all customer inquiries, refunds, and returns
- Can fulfill orders on select external selling channels
- Utilises inventory pooling to group similar products from different retailers
- Offers free shipping to customers
Feature Comparison Table of Competitors of Shiprocket
|Shiprocket Alternatives ➡️|
|WareIQ||FedEx||DHL||Vamaship||Aramex||ShipKaro||Rakuten||Shipyaari||Shipmonk||Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)|
|Core Business||eCommerce Fulfillment|
- Fulfillment Centers & Full - Stack Fulfillment Platform
- Inventory Management & Network Design
|eCommerce shipping and courier services||eCommerce shipping and courier services||eCommerce shipping and logistics services||eCommerce shipping and logistics services||eCommerce shipping and courier services||eCommerce fulfillment services||eCommerce shipping and logistics services||eCommerce shipping and fulfillment services||eCommerce fulfillment services|
|Unified OMS & WMS (Fulfillment Tech Stack)||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Smart Inventory Placement||Yes, enables same/next-day delivery and prevents inventory bloat||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|AI-based Inventory Forecast & Replenishment||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Periodic Reports for Inventory Planning & Management||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Fulfillment Centers||Yes, managed in-house||Yes||Yes||No||Yes, outsourced FCs||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Integration with Top Courier Partners (Last Mile Delivery)||Yes||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|RTO Prediction & Insurance||Yes, with insurance claims managed internally||No, but RTO management available||No, but RTO management available||No, but RTO management available||No||No||No, but RTO management available||No||No, but RTO management available||No, but RTO management available|
|Notifications/Alerts (Post Ship Experience)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Key Account Manager Allocation||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Troubleshooting Support (Customer-Success Led Seller Enablement Services)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SPF Claims Filing||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
Conclusion: Why is WareIQ the Best Shiprocket Alternative in India?
The sheer competitiveness due to the number of companies providing 3PL eCommerce fulfillment services is enormous. These companies constantly seek to provide new and improved services at lower prices to differentiate themselves from their competitors. This greatly benefits existing and aspiring eCommerce retailers because they can take their choice of companies that perfectly align with their values and requirements. Although Shiprocket is one of the biggest shipping aggregators in India, there are many areas where it is surpassed by the competition. If you are looking for Shiprocket alternatives, you don’t need to look beyond WareIQ.
WareIQ seeks to differentiate itself through the use of technology by providing innovative solutions to the various eCommerce challenges that retailers face, at the most cost-effective and transparent pricing in the industry. WareIQ is a growing competitor to Shiprocket, like Shiprocket it acts like a shipping aggregator but also provides end-to-end fulfillment services to eCommerce sellers & D2C brands in India, so that businesses can focus only on their core revenue metrics while WareIQ takes care of their entire operations & logistics.
The major differentiator from Shiprocket is WareIQ’s vertically integrated fulfillment platform that unifies OMS & WMS and syncs inventory in real-time. eCommerce sellers don’t have to face the issue of a lag of 12-14 hours for their inventory status to sync from OMS to WMS if they choose WareIQ as their 3PL fulfillment partner.
Some of the other important and distinct features of WareIQ include:
Nationwide Network of Fulfillment Centers and Dark stores
- Provides a simple plug & play setup with no minimums requirements
- Offers integrations with Amazon Seller Flex, Myntra, Flipkart Assured & other eCommerce selling platforms
- Provides regional sourcing hubs to reduce first-mile expenses
- Provides in-house warehouse management
Enhanced Inventory Management and Network Planning
- Offers best-in-class AI models for sales forecasting and thresholds for auto-replenishment
- Provides grouping of products based on type (regular, non-regular, seasonal etc.) to improve sales conversions
Vertically Integrated Technology Fulfillment Stack
- Offers integrations with 20+ top selling channels and D2C platforms
- Offers integrations with hyperlocal, regional, and national courier services, encompassing more than 27,000 pin codes
- Provides a single unified tech stack for WMS and OMS
App Store With Downloadable Applications to Increase Productivity
- Enables RTO Shield which provides 100% protection RTOs
- Enhances the post-purchase experience through customised branded tracking
- Provides notifications on order status to customers through email, SMS, and Whatsapp
- Assists in generating customer feedback
Ultra-Fast Delivery With WareIQ Rush
- Provides same-day delivery with no distance-based billing or minimum order requirements
- Increases revenue conversion by up to 30%
- Provides near-zero RTO%
- Offers NDR & COD verification via Whatsapp
- Reduces Cost per Shipment (CPS)