Top 10 Fastest & Cheapest eCommerce Courier Services in India in 2023
In the age of eCommerce retail expansion, what is highly critical for any company’s success is the delivery experience of its customers. Consumers are willing to abandon a product from their cart if the shipping exceeds a week. Thus, every seller must ensure not only that they have the most efficient shipping experience for the consumer, but also the most cost-effective one.
With India rising as a leading country for the online selling industry, the reach of various eCommerce delivery services and logistics companies has expanded. It is critical for any best courier service for ecommerce in India to guarantee that their orders are delivered on time and in good condition. In addition, they must guarantee that their transportation costs do not cut into their profit margins.
eCommerce entrepreneurs are constantly in search of economical and competent shipping services in order to satisfy delivery dates. Finding an eCommerce delivery provider with the best success rate and reasonable cost might be difficult.
Multiple courier partners are required to accommodate expanding customer demand, given the recent development in online retail and e-commerce firms. As more sectors shift to web-based platforms, distribution requirements become more complex.
- What are eCommerce Courier Services?
- What are the Factors to Keep in Mind while Choosing eCommerce Courier Services?
- What are the Benefits of Partnering with eCommerce Courier/ Parcel Service Companies?
- Cheapest and Fastest Top 10 Courier Services for eCommerce Shipping in India in 2023
- Conclusion: How WareIQ can Help with Your Need for eCommerce Courier Services in India in 2023?
- Ecommerce Courier Services India FAQs
What are eCommerce Courier Services?
The terms eCommerce courier services and fulfillment services are quite interchangeable in the present scenario, even though they were used to denote delivery experiences that are slightly different from each other. Courier services for online businesses provide a delivery experience of small packages from the seller’s location to the end user’s doorstep, across several pin codes. In some cases, courier companies also cater to reverse logistics.
WareIQ, an eCommerce fulfillment company, empowers online brands with a superior-tech platform to compete with Amazon like service levels by bringing their average delivery timelines from 5-10 days to 1-2 days.
What are the Factors to Keep in Mind while Choosing eCommerce Courier Services?
Every manufacturer must choose which of the many available courier companies to partner with for their E-commerce courier services. This decision is bound to have long-term implications on the seller and their customer service.
What should you think about before choosing a provider of shipping services in India when you first start integrating with courier partners? Orders may be placed in droves, but only order fulfilment and customer satisfaction may be used to determine success.
After an order is placed, a new logistics system kicks into high gear to guarantee the delivery arrives at its final destination by sea, road, or air.
From the time a product leaves a warehouse until it reaches the customer’s hands, several elements come into play, including the product’s safety in transportation, the route utilised for distribution, and the time required for delivery. Having reliable courier partners who provide faster shipment choices may dramatically improve the client experience.
India’s eCommerce boom has led to the growth and emergence of several courier companies that cater to traditional businesses and households. Sellers should bear the following points in mind when picking eCommerce courier companies to partner with:
Every seller’s goal is to obtain the maximum scope that their product can reach. Thus, partnering with eCommerce courier companies that provide pan-India network coverage, should be the priority of every seller. This feature ensures that their product can reach the maximum customer base possible.
Serviceability is the fundamental criterion that all top courier companies in India must meet. Serviceability is concerned with two basic questions. Does this courier service deliver to the locations specified by your company? Can it manage the number of orders that your company receives on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis?
The simple rule of any business is that the revenue must be more than the total incurred costs. While this may sound simple, the leakage of capital through unchecked expenses can be the deciding factor between a profitable new business or one that operates at a loss.
Logistics within India can be cost-intensive due to differences in fuel prices, geographical landscapes, and overhead costs such as vehicle maintenance. Therefore, some areas may face delays due to poorer road connectivity.
41% of consumers are willing to pay extra for same-day delivery. Therefore, sellers risk losing out to their competitors if online courier services don’t have flexible and efficient delivery systems that provide sellers with the advantage they seek. In this era of 10-minute, same day, and next day deliveries, any delay will mitigate a customer’s ability to be satisfied and give positive feedback. Keep reading on to know about the fastest courier service companies in detail here.
Insurance and Security
In these uncertain times, sellers need to ensure that their shipment reaches the destination intact and without any damage. Certain pin codes within the nation tend to have a deteriorated law and order situation. Consequently, courier companies must ensure that they handle a seller’s products with the required level of security.
Businesses must ideally opt for eCommerce courier companies that take responsibility for any damages that may occur to their products.
Returns have now become an integral part of the eCommerce shopping experience. Certain products such as clothing, see the maximum number of returns compared to other goods. Hence, a seller must appoint eCommerce courier services that can guarantee a smooth reverse logistics process so that the product will safely return to the seller.
Manufacturers can look into the RTO percentage of courier companies to measure how successful their return percentage is.
What are the Benefits of Partnering with eCommerce Courier/ Parcel Service Companies?
eCommerce courier service companies should not be seen as just logistical partners. Sellers must understand that the advantages that courier companies extend are beyond just the handling of the operational matters and reducing logistics costs. These benefits may not be tangible, but their impact is immense towards enabling a company’s growth, ensuring that it can either work towards being profitable or retaining and even increasing its profitability.
The characteristics of the finest courier for ecommerce in India should give you a good sense of what you’re losing out on if you don’t work with a courier service firm. Many of your present tasks will be relieved by a shipping carrier, giving you more time to focus on production, marketing, and selling.
The finest courier service will also offer superior delivery services and allow you to share live order tracking notifications with your consumers by phone, email, and WhatsApp.Another less-publicized advantage of courier for e commerce is that they make your logistics operations far less expensive than in-house choices. This is due to economies of scale, which allow larger 3PLs to transport more things concurrently while saving money.
The following are some of the benefits that eCommerce courier companies extend to sellers who partner with them:
Increased Network Cover
Established courier companies have a solid infrastructure built up over decades. This has helped them to achieve an unmatchable pan-India network that any emerging eCommerce company would take years to rival. To give you a more realistic example, the difference between partnering and not partnering with eCommerce courier services is similar to attending a job interview versus conducting a job interview – All the cards are held by you.
Last mile delivery can easily constitute 40-70% of the entire shipment cost for a seller. This is entirely due to the capital investment, operational costs, and maintenance fees that fulfillment and online courier service companies in India must undertake. Costs of this magnitude and frequency can swell up the liabilities side of balance sheets, proving disastrous for companies.
From the time a product leaves a warehouse until it reaches the customer’s hands, several elements come into play, including the product’s safety in transportation, the route utilised for distribution, and the time required for delivery. Having reliable courier partners who provide faster shipment choices may dramatically improve the client experience.From the time a product leaves a warehouse until it reaches the customer’s hands, several elements come into play, including the product’s safety in transportation, the route utilised for distribution, and the time required for delivery. Having reliable courier partners who provide faster shipment choices may dramatically improve the client experience.
Best Courier services in India use economies of scale to consolidate the orders from multiple sellers for a particular geographical location. This strategy brings down the marginal cost for each seller and additional products.
Branding and Packaging Upgrades
Courier services for Ecommerce ensure that all packaging needs are handled with the utmost care. Being associated with courier services for online businesses that provide value add-on services through branded shipping such as personalised packaging, adds to the brand value of the seller itself.
In today’s competitive market, every company wants to assure good, hassle-free Courier Services for eCommerce in order to develop its business. With over 100 Courier Services for eCommerce enterprises in India, the procedure has grown more complicated.
This is due to their claim to be India’s top courier services for eCommerce. With the constant expansion of the eCommerce business over the last decade, the number of courier services in India that deliver customer-requested products on time has increased dramatically.
eCommerce courier services are far from small-scale firms. The importance of the supply chain and fulfillment cycle has been realised, enabling many courier companies in India to turn into unicorns.
With this heavy influx of capital, courier companies are investing heavily – not just into building infrastructure but also into adapting to the latest and most efficient technologies in the industry. The end-user can witness these upgrades first hand – a simple sign on a sheet of paper has transformed into using tablets for signatures and photo recognition. All these factors create a better customer experience.
Courier companies have an established standard protocol for warehouse management, namely, handling goods from the seller’s warehouse to the customer’s home. These measures take into account the various adverse situations that the company could experience during delivery.
By planning ahead, eCommerce courier services can react accordingly using the appropriate contingency procedures and decide the right course of action. They are carried out after conducting various risk assessment studies and using the company personnel’s expertise.
Sellers may find it challenging to cater to all the possible roadblocks in the shipment journey. As such, partnering with courier services providers, provide them with some much-needed professional help, advice, and assurance during the most crucial leg of the fulfillment cycle.
Cheapest and Fastest Top 10 Courier Services for eCommerce Shipping in India in 2023
To finalise this unique list for eCommerce commercial companies, a delivery company in India uses essential criteria such as Delivery Range & Capacity, Cargo Weight, Shipping Costs, Fast Delivery of Goods, RTO Percentage, Cash on Delivery, Courier Delivery Proof, and Security.
|Courier||ServiceablePincodes||ShippingCharges||COD Facility||Reverse Pickup|
|WareIQ||30,000+||As per weight||✔️||✔️|
|Blue Dart||17,677||As per weight||✔️||✔️|
|Ecom Express||17,000+||As per weight||✔️||✔️|
|DTDC||11,400||As per weight||✔️||✔️|
|FedEx||19,000||As per weight||✔️||✔️|
|DHL||220+Countries||As per weight||✔️||✔️|
|Gati||19,000||As per weight||✔️||✔️|
|Shipway||29000+||As per weight||✔️||✔️|
|Xpressbess||29,000+||As per weight||✔️||✔️|
|Delhivery||17,500||As per weight||✔️||✔️|
|Headquarters||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Year of Establishment||2019|
|Industry||Fulfillment Services and Shipping Platform|
Founded in 2019, WareIQ is one of India’s leading and fastest eCommerce courier services and shipping aggregators and has partnered with all the major national and hyperlocal courier companies in the country. It has a customer base of 300+ brands in India alone, in just over 3 years.
WareIQ offers a simple and convenient onboarding process, guaranteed same-day/next-day delivery, and no minimum order quantity requirements. More importantly, the Y-combinator-backed shipping aggregator provides a transparent pricing policy and strict safety procedures. It also prides itself on being one of the few order fulfillment tech businesses in the world.
WareIQ’s fulfillment platform helps eCommerce companies Select From the Best Courier Service in India to Optimize Logistics.
- Courier Allocation: For each shipment select the best shipping partner. Optimize your logistics operations with speed, cost and reliability.
- Control Tower: Track shipments in real-time. Collaborate at the shipping level with your courier partner, predict anomalies, catch delivery failures and overcome escalations.
- Optimize Fulfillment / Shipping KPIs: Make supply chain decisions backed by data – which distribution center to add to optimize cost/order, speed & RTOs.
WareIQ stands out as the best courier service in India for eCommerce for the following reasons:
- WareIQ Indian parcel service offers competitive rates by negotiating the best terms with its shipping partners.
- Its timely and efficient deliveries boost the sellers’ customer satisfaction percentage, growing their sales in the process. It relies on data-driven decisions to ensure fewer delays and issues in the shipment process.
- Ware IQ has a strategically located, nationwide network of warehouses and fulfillment centers. As such, it can offer a full range of logistical services in a short amount of time.
- It can cater to all your eCommerce fulfillment-related needs under one roof with a centralised platform. Its versatile NDR report dashboard lowers processing time by an impressive 12 hours, decreasing RTO by 10%.
- WareIQ RUSH is one of the company’s many offerings that guarantee same-day delivery.
|Courier Name||Blue Dart|
|Founder||Tushar Jani, Khushroo Dubash and Clyde Cooper|
|Year of Establishment||1983|
One of the biggest names amongst Indian courier services in the country, Blue Dart has nearly 40 years of experience in shipping and logistics. Within India, Blue Dart covers more than 35,000 pin codes. It has been DHL’s official partner since 2002, with the two providing a formidable land and road transport infrastructure.
- Blue Dart offers a wide range of services, such as early morning deliveries and temperature-controlled logistics (TCL) solutions.
- It also provides value-added services like cash-on-delivery, waterproof packaging, and automated reports.
- Sellers must note that their charges may seem higher than other competitors owing to their service record and their existing pan-India network.
|Courier Name||Ecom Express|
|Founder||T. A. Krishnan, Manju Dhawan, K. Satyanarayana and Late. Sanjeev Saxena|
|Year of Establishment||2012|
|Industry||Indian logistics and distribution|
Ecom Express, based in Gurugram, was founded in 2012 and is a relative newcomer to the eCommerce courier service market. Regardless, it is seen as a viable option for consumers seeking both shipping and logistics services.
Ecom Express has demonstrated enormous promise in a short time, transforming into one of the top courier services for eCommerce for retail firms today. It is a trusted partner to its customers, ensuring the safest, most economical, and most dependable pick-up and delivery in India.
This courier company is appropriate for users who intend to use a combination of logistics for delivery purposes. Its prices are reasonable, and its service quality and reaction time have shown great promise. It is one of the top eCommerce all India courier services because of these qualities. It does, however, come with a lot of room for expansion.
- Ecom Express covers over 27,000 pin codes and 2600 cities across India.
- It provides additional security and monitoring services during storage and transit. For this reason, it is a popular choice for eCommerce enterprises that handle high-value commodities like jewels.
- Sellers can avail of a broad range of courier services, including express delivery and doorstep quality checks (QC) for returned items.
- They also guarantees that deliveries will be completed within 72 hours, both to consumers and to items returning to the origin warehouse.
|Year of Establishment||1990|
DTDC is one of the most popular eCommerce courier service providers in the country. It has been in the courier service business since 1990 and has a network of more than 10,000 pin codes dispersed across the country. Also, they are among the top providers of courier services from India to USA.
The courier company uses a state-of-the-art Management Information System (MIS) that keeps track of bulk parcels for seamless pick-up and delivery through fulfillment status facilities. Their value-added services comprise cash-on-delivery and a custom shipping process for imported and special goods.
- Although DTDC originated in India, it has grown to the point that it now provides services to over 240 nations.
- It assists your brand with Indian as well as international courier shipments at a lower cost than other market competitors, thanks to its global reach.
- In terms of services and prices, it may not be a viable solution for small businesses due to compromises on the number of facilities to focus more on its core offerings.
|Headquarters||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Founder||Frederick W. Smith|
|Year of Establishment||1971|
FedEx is another top-rated and low-cost eCommerce courier services provider for online enterprises. Established in 1973, it has close to 50 years of valuable experience in handling and shipping a wide range of products. It offers nationwide and worldwide shipping services that include door-to-door pick-up and delivery. This courier company is committed to excellence, making it a worthy logistics partner for your eCommerce enterprise. They provide courier services from India to USA.
- FedEx comes with flexible delivery options and allows sellers to have their packages held at a secure location until it is ready to be sent out.
- It also allows customers to monitor their parcels in real-time. Additionally, clients can change the location of their shipments even if they are out for delivery, improving customer experiences with your business.
- The FedEx API documentation also makes it easy to manage returns, create shipping labels, and track performance.
- FedEx provides outstanding delivery service at reasonable prices in the places where it operates. Although it offers the fastest delivery speed and service, it only covers a fraction of the pin codes covered by other eCommerce courier services. Thus, it may not be a reliable candidate for eCommerce companies that aim to rely entirely on it and no other courier companies for logistics.
|Founder||Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom, Robert Lynn|
|Year of Establishment||1969|
Another prominent international eCommerce Courier services provider in India is DHL (Dalsey, Hillblom, and Lynn). Its globally controlled and well-connected network of distribution centers enables it to effectively optimise supply chain solutions to increase order fulfillment throughout 220+ countries. DHL is trustworthy and readily available to meet the requirements of any eCommerce platform.
- The shipping giant covers over 26,000 pin codes across the country, allowing eCommerce sellers to successfully tap into the Indian market.
- Another critical factor to consider when choosing DHL is its environment-friendly practices. This courier company maintains a high standard when it comes to decreasing wastage in the delivery process, making a sincere effort to reduce each company’s environmental footprint.
- The only caveat is that DHL’s courier fees within India are slightly higher than those charged by other local carriers. However, when it comes to worldwide coverage, there aren’t many reputable options that can rival this company.
- DHL eCommerce, a branch dedicated solely to eCommerce enterprises, is also available. It is dedicated to offering a smooth worldwide eCommerce delivery service that includes accurate transit schedules and customs clearances.
|Headquarters||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Founder||Mahendra Kumar Agarwal|
|Year of Establishment||1989|
|Industry||LogisticsSupply chain management|
Gati, based in Hyderabad, is another well-known eCommerce Indian courier services provider that aims for total customer satisfaction. Founded in 1989, Gati has expanded at a rapid pace over the decades to serve over 19,000 pin codes within India. Also, they are the leading experts in providing courier services from India to USA.
- This eCommerce courier company promises better reach and business growth by delivering to 735 of the 739 different districts in the country.
- Gati strives to meet the shipping and courier needs of small business owners, offering some of the most affordable courier services in India.
- It provides a diverse range of express delivery options and warehousing solutions, enabling customisable pick-ups from locations.
|Founder||Vikas Garg, Gaurav Gupta|
|Year of Establishment||2015|
|Industry||shipment and package tracking software|
Shipway is a newcomer that specialises in offering dependable and affordable shipping services to eCommerce businesses. They allows you to focus on business operations, ensuring that your customers receive the finest shopping experience.
- Shipway has already partnered with 30+ eCommerce couriers.
- It currently provides an end-to-end shipping automation solution for fulfillment and logistics to over 12,000 eCommerce retailers.
You can also check Top 10 Shipway Alternatives for eCommerce Retailers in 2023
|Founder||Amitava Saha, Supam Maheshwari|
|Year of Establishment||2015|
Xpressbees, best known for its speedy and affordable parcel service, is one of India’s fastest courier services providers. As Xpressbees’ logistics partner, you may offer your customers same-day and next-day courier services, as well as reverse logistics for return orders. These services allow eCommerce vendors to deliver a positive customer experience and boost their business performance.
- It caters to the end-to-end fulfillment needs of sellers and covers 13000+ pin codes, 100+ hubs and service centers.
- They are seasoned professionals, providing tech-based solutions for courier service requirements.
- It has state-of-the-art logistics centers spread across the country.
|Headquarters||Gurgaon, Haryana, India|
|Year of Establishment||2011|
Delhivery, since its inception, has successfully fulfilled over 1 billion orders across India. Their aim is to build an efficient operations model for business, through a combination of world-class infrastructure, cutting-edge engineering, and technology capabilities, and logistics operations of the highest quality.
- It is one of India’s largest and most popular courier companies that is also homegrown.
- It offers end-to-end fulfillment solutions and serves over 17,000 pin codes and 175 cities.
- It offers features such as sending tracking details to customers through SMS and provides same-day/next-day delivery options.
- It provides multiple payment options at the time of delivery.
That’s it. Hope the list of top10 courier companies would be helpful for you and for your business.
Conclusion: How WareIQ can Help with Your Need for eCommerce Courier Services in India in 2023?
WareIQ stands apart from the rest as one of the best possible fastest and cheapest Courier services in India for businesses of every size and domain. Sellers looking for a reliable and cost-effective eCommerce courier service provider can choose Ware IQ for the following attributes:
- Access to WareIQ’s strong nationwide network of fulfillment centers, micro-fulfillment centers & urban dark stores near their customers
- Access to all major national & hyperlocal last-mile couriers at discounted rates for making same/next day deliveries possible
- Easy integration across multiple online platforms & marketplaces enhancing multi-channel selling
- Access to a superior centralised tech platform for eCommerce operations
- ML-based prediction engine for efficient fulfillment warehouse network design & smart inventory placement
- Centralised platform for core fulfillment & shipping operations
- Post-shipping apps for delightful experience & zero to minimum supply chain leakages (Branded tracking page with smart marketing placements; Trigger-based updates & smart communication platform)
WareIQ has customised offerings for merchants experiencing different order volumes as well as having different delivery speed expectations. WareIQ is probably one of the very few fulfillment tech companies in the world that have same-day delivery service for their customers under their product “WareIQ RUSH”.
WareIQ’s next day delivery and same-day delivery services are helping eCommerce businesses set new standards with respect to setting customer expectations and fulfilling them with high efficacy. At the same time, WareIQ customers realise significant cost savings and wider reach due to better negotiations with shipping partners, strategically placed warehouses, economies of scale and scope in eCommerce warehousing and data-driven decision making.
- Pan India Fulfillment & Darkstore Network: Plug-and-play fulfillment infrastructure with no minimums, which is compliant with Amazon Seller Flex, Flipkart Assured, Myntra and other marketplaces
- Inventory & Network Planning Excellence: Best-in-class AI models for sales forecasting, product segmentation, and inventory management to reduce inventory by 40% and increase revenue by 10%.
- Vertically Integrated Fulfillment Tech Stack: Our Fulfillment Tech Solution supports integrations with 20+ top marketplaces & D2C platforms, and prominent national, regional and hyperlocal couriers, enhancing reach by covering deliveries for 27,000+ pin codes
- Supply Chain Productivity Applications: Integrate a host of supply chain productivity apps with a single-click to your existing CRMs, ERPs & accounting software to manage your logistics workflows from one command center. Use Apps like RTO Shield to get 100% RTO protection, Branded Tracking to turn your order tracking page into a profitable marketing channel, and many more.
Trusted by 300+ top Indian brands, we are helping them accelerate online sales and expedite their growth through a synergistic combination of advanced technology, robust fulfillment infrastructure & seller enablement services!WareIQ is backed by leading global investors including Y Combinator, Funders Club, Flexport, Pioneer Fund, Soma Capital, and Emles Venture Partner.